TikTok has named Shou Zi Chew as its new CEO, effective immediately. Chew, who was previously the CFO of TikTok’s parent company ByteDance, takes over from interim CEO Vanessa Pappas. TikTok also announced plans to invest $500 million in its Irish data center and establish a €420m ($491m) TikTok trust to support Europe’s creative industry.
– TikTok’s Shou Zi Chew will be stepping in as the new CEO of TikTok.
– TikTok is currently in discussions regarding a potential partnership with Oracle for Project Texas.
– TikTok has plans to hire 500 new employees in Ireland.
– ByteDance, TikTok’s parent company, is looking to expand TikTok’s presence in China.
– TikTok is considering moving their headquarters to London, Dublin, or Singapore.
– TikTok has a plan to invest in the education and training of their employees.